What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for an app

iWolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found an app the other day and now I can't find it again. It lets one make a floor plan of whatever you want then lays out whatever floor covering you choose and gives you the exact #'s needed to bid or purchase flooring. I am in the flooring business and am using an app called floorplans and it's great but doesn't do the actual layout of carpet or tile or whatever. I'm pulling my hair out trying to find this floor covering app I came across. Does anyone know of it and it's name?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just googled "flooring ipad app" and got some results for apps. Have you tried those already?

OP
iWolf

iWolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. I did try that, that's what has me so frustrated, it isn't there. I guess its not likely there will be a flooring guy on here that knows what app I'm talking about. Worth a try though.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Just for the fun, I did a quick web search and found an app HERE - not sure this is the one but looks interesting for home planning - :)

HomeSpaceApp.JPG

tombuon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you thinking of MagicPlan? This is the one that measures using camera triangulation.

forestjlane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tombuon said:
Are you thinking of MagicPlan? This is the one that measures using camera triangulation.

No, I downloaded app Floorplans (<20MB) by GreenTea Software. $9.99. Doesn't work. How can I get money back?

kamikaze06

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I may not be right, but could it be SmartBidNet app for iPad? Free app?
However, the favourite looks like: CarpetEstimator and has high customer rating $1.99

Failing that, I would suggest, if you have not done it already, a trawl around carpet shops for the answer.
I am sure some of these guys must be high tech to take the graft out of the job.
Wishing you much luck in your endeavours.

Sri iWolf, just tried Carpet Estimator on Apple Store and it came up with:
Measure Mobile Estimator (Free)
But it does look good.
Life is never easy

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts