What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for an app that will launch PDF files

iCrush

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am going to do my best to describe what I am looking for, if this seems a little disjointed at times I am sorry for any confusion.

My wife's job takes her several of her companies’ locations around the country each week. While she is at each location, she needs either to refer to specific documents about the location or review proposed changes that will be affecting the given location. My wife carries several 3-inch 3-ring binders with the information she needs while onsite.

Most of these documents are in a PDF format, and the others can be converted into a PDF. Is there an application that would allow her to load these files on her iPad (64-gig WIFI), link them to a button to launch a linked PDF file?

Any idea on this request? I have looked, but I am not having much luck.

Thanks,
iCrush

PamEnamel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.pameast.net
I recommend a couple programs for your wife. First, get Dropbox. That will easily allow her share files between her computer and ipad. That's the easiest way I know to transfer files to my ipad. Then, either iBook or Tomes will read PDF files just fine. I haven't looked at Goodreader yet. I did try PerfectReader, but found the page turn to be cumbersome and awkward, and it didnt' have many features. I'd skip that one.

I'm in the process of comparing PDF readers, so I'll have more to report later.

Pam

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
^ What they said. Dropbox to transfer the .pdf files to the iPad, then open the files in Goodreader, which is a great app as long as the files are a few pages at most.

If the files are dozens/hundreds of pages, use iBooks. Goodreader is a bit of a PITA for finding a particular page in multi-page files, but otherwise it has excellent features, such as organising files into folders, page preview etc. With iBooks you can go straight to a given page, but you don't get some of the features you get in GR.

OP
I

iCrush

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great Suggestions

These are all great suggestions. What about an application, other then Adobe, to create the PDF files? Currently, I am using ScanSoft PDF Pro 4.0. I am sure there have been a couple of updates since I purchased this one. Anyone have a preference?

Thanks,
iCrush

ByHisStripes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
^ What they said. Dropbox to transfer the .pdf files to the iPad, then open the files in Goodreader, which is a great app as long as the files are a few pages at most.

If the files are dozens/hundreds of pages, use iBooks. Goodreader is a bit of a PITA for finding a particular page in multi-page files, but otherwise it has excellent features, such as organising files into folders, page preview etc. With iBooks you can go straight to a given page, but you don't get some of the features you get in GR.

I have the GoodReader app. There is an icon at the bottom of the screen that looks like a sheet of paper with the "#" sign on it. Touch that and a "Go to page" box comes up. Type the page number and it goes there.

My PDF's I've loaded have almost 300 pages in many of them. Works great and I like that I can write notes and highlight them.

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
check out "site to PDf+ file manager" it could also be useful for your wife and it's free for today on appshopper.

also check "scan to pdf" .

LordStyphon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I just bought PDF Printer and it works fine.

PDF Printer using Goodreader too.

Fair price and do what it says.

Most reactions

Latest posts