What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Anyone had mitts and eyeballs on this yet? Is it sturdy? Is it light weight? Will it work with some kind of protection on the back of the iPad? Overall impressions after mitts and eyeballs?

811foamiguL._AA1500_.jpg71EZbmtRk2L._AA1500_.jpg81E2s1BHhkL._AA1500_.jpg81ErhKVEKYL._AA1500_.jpg81natdqz8yL._AA1500_.jpg

Last edited:

drathbun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I pre-ordered this. Just waiting for delivery. I have a Zagg protective cover for the back of the iPad and will put the whole thing inside my Targus leather portfolio case.

I'm liking the shortcut commands available!

[h=4]Shortcuts to edit text[/h]
cmd + c
Copy

cmd + x
Cut

cmd + v
Paste

cmd + z
Undo

cmd + shift + z
Redo

cmd + delete
Delete the text to the beginning of the line

ctrl + k
Delete the text to the end of the line

option + delete
Delete the word before the cursor​

[h=4]Shortcuts to select text[/h]
shift + ↑
Select the text above

shift + ↓
Select the text below

shift + ←
Select the text on the left

shift + β†’
Select the text on the right

shift + cmd + ↑
Select all the text to the beginning of the document

shift + cmd + ↓
Select all the text to the end of the document

shift + cmd + ←
Select the text to the beginning of the line

shift + cmd + β†’
Select the text to the end of the line

shift + option + ↑
Select the text above, line by line

shift + option + ↓
Select the text below, line by line

shift + option + ←
Select the text on the left, word by word

shift + option + β†’
Select the text on the right, word by word​

[h=4]Shortcuts to navigate in a document[/h]
cmd + ↑
Jump to the beginning of the document

cmd + ↓
Jump to the end of the document

cmd + ←
Jump to the beginning of the line

cmd + β†’
Jump to the end of the line

option + ↑
Jump to previous start of line

option + ↓
Jump to next end of line

option + ←
Jump to previous word

option + β†’
Jump to next word​

Last edited:
OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hey, thanks for typing those...I just got a MacBook Air and was wondering about these! :)

drathbun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
Hey, thanks for typing those...I just got a MacBook Air and was wondering about these! :)

Typing?? Brrrhaaahh! Copy Paste!!!

Sent from my iPad3 using iPF

gabey8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the head's up. I got a refurb Logitech aluminum keyboard case, which came sans directions. So I'm going to have to print this list or bookmark it. I figured out that Command-C and Command-V were the replacements for CTRL-C and CTRL-V, and some of these other key combos are similar to the Windows editing commands (shift-up arrow, etc). But there are other commands on that list that I never would have guessed. Very interesting.

I pre-ordered this. Just waiting for delivery. I have a Zagg protective cover for the back of the iPad and will put the whole thing inside my Targus leather portfolio case.

I'm liking the shortcut commands available!

Shortcuts to edit text

cmd + c
Copy

cmd + x
Cut

cmd + v
Paste

cmd + z
Undo

cmd + shift + z
Redo

cmd + delete
Delete the text to the beginning of the line

ctrl + k
Delete the text to the end of the line

option + delete
Delete the word before the cursor​

Shortcuts to select text

shift + ↑
Select the text above

shift + ↓
Select the text below

shift + ←
Select the text on the left

shift + β†’
Select the text on the right

shift + cmd + ↑
Select all the text to the beginning of the document

shift + cmd + ↓
Select all the text to the end of the document

shift + cmd + ←
Select the text to the beginning of the line

shift + cmd + β†’
Select the text to the end of the line

shift + option + ↑
Select the text above, line by line

shift + option + ↓
Select the text below, line by line

shift + option + ←
Select the text on the left, word by word

shift + option + β†’
Select the text on the right, word by word​

Shortcuts to navigate in a document

cmd + ↑
Jump to the beginning of the document

cmd + ↓
Jump to the end of the document

cmd + ←
Jump to the beginning of the line

cmd + β†’
Jump to the end of the line

option + ↑
Jump to previous start of line

option + ↓
Jump to next end of line

option + ←
Jump to previous word

option + β†’
Jump to next word​

dchop38

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have my case in hand and I love it. 2 Small concerns like the ipad smart cover its held together by a magnet and the back of your ipad is left unprotected. Does anyone have a good solution for a back covering case that can leave room for the keyboard cover to do its thing? I am hoping a sleeve is not my only choice. overall product is amazing! FYI I also bought the mini boom box from logitech which sounds amazing for as small as it is and what impressed me the most is that i I can have the keyboard and speaker both synced to blue tooth at the same time. Thanks

Dan

milkmilklemonade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have my case in hand and I love it. 2 Small concerns like the ipad smart cover its held together by a magnet and the back of your ipad is left unprotected. Does anyone have a good solution for a back covering case that can leave room for the keyboard cover to do its thing? I am hoping a sleeve is not my only choice. overall product is amazing! FYI I also bought the mini boom box from logitech which sounds amazing for as small as it is and what impressed me the most is that i I can have the keyboard and speaker both synced to blue tooth at the same time. Thanks

Dan

I tied the Belkin clear back cover... The magnets on the stand portion were noticeably weakened.

So I bought a clear back protector skin, and the Targus Crave sleeve (amazon) and it fits the iPad and keyboard nicely, with room for headphones and a stylus in a separate pocket.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Dan

Apple new iPad (3rd Gen.) Armor Carbon Fiber protectors by BodyGuardz

or

icarbons.com

drathbun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dchop38 said:

Dan

I'm using the Zagg clear skin film for the back and using the Targus leather folio sleeve for transport. I haven't received my ultra thin cover yet as Logitech says they are not shipping yet. Obviously not.

Sent from my iPad3 using iPF

OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just ordered one today from Amazon. The website was claiming they would be in stock on May 22, Tuesday. I am now looking for something to put on the back of the keyboard.

OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My Ultrathin is to arrive today. I contacted the folks at iCarbons, they are going to sell me a back skin for an iPad 3 without the cutouts. That should work to protect the back until they can get a product designed just for the Ultrathin.

OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, I got my Ultrathin today. Not sure what I think about this guy. One thing that bugs me already is the fact that while it has a smart cover type magnet thing on one side, it has nothing on the other. So, it will put the iPad asleep but the magnet is not strong enough to hold the case closed. It will just fall open if you don't hold it right. Either they should have used stronger magnets or they should have put some kind of strap on this thing. This loose case is going to be problematic over the long term.

Another thing is that this keyboard is small. I can get 40+ wpm, which is good enough for the kind of writing I do (from my head to the page), but it feels cramp. I use several different keyboards so this is going to be a little weird.

The back is just waiting to get scratched up.

Oh...it weighs 2 lb 4 oz...that is with the iPad 3 and cover. My iPad as a skin on the back. The skin doesn't seem to bother the magnet strength much at all.

FanboyofAllTech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Love this thing...Very sleek and fits the bill VERY nicely. When collapsed, it looks like a Macbook Air to an extent, where if you think about it, that is the beauty of having a keyboard attached to an IPAD. But as a bonus, using our IPAD instead of an air lets you receive the best possible resolution on the screen, and yet you are still able to type as fast as traditionally on a laptop, and the touchscreen is a nice touch as compared to using a mouse. I know it's a different OS with this setup and I don't want to get off subjetc, but I really appreciate the blend this particular Logitech model brings and hope it remains durable and doesn't reveal any major downsides in the near future.

Most reactions

Latest posts