What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Locking ipad vs. completely powering off

cvadh387

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I had a question about saving the battery life on Ipads. I ordered an Ipad2 on March 23rd, and will expect to be getting it on April 30th.

I was wondering if it's better to lock the screen, or completely powering off Ipad when not in use? Thanks!

PS. I have an ipod touch and with that, I normally power off when not in use, but I'm not sure if I should just lock the screen or power off.. I just do it out of habit... but please respond if you know! Thanks

SporkLover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well the answer is quite simple. If you are trying to squeeze every ounce of battery life out of the device, turn it off.

I will tell you that the stand by power drain is pretty slight, I can let it sit for a day or two and only lose 5%.

How I use it is usually what kills the battery. Videos, surfing, media.... not so much.... computing intesive apps.... certainly

Most reactions

Latest posts