What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lock when closing the cover

rgbt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new at this forum.
I´m from Portugal, and last week i goot my ipad2 :D

I have a doubt, the function "Close it and the iPad is automatically disabled. Open it and iPad is activated instantly - no need to press any buttons" (lock when closing the cover) it only work's with smart cover? or any case that close the screen?

tkx,

best regards,

Ruben Teixeira

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It works with any cover that activates the sleep/wake function. If the cover includes magnets (like the SmartCover) , it works. Otherwise, not. If you're shopping for a screen cover other than the SmartCover, check its features. The ability to sleep/wake the iPad will usually be mentioned.

By the way, you titled the thread "Lock when closing the cover." That's not quite accurate. Closing the SmartCover puts the iPad "to sleep." It doesn't "lock" or even "disable" the iPad in any useful sense. You may, however, set a passcode (4 digits) that must be used each time the iPad "wakes." That will effectively "lock" or "disable" the iPad. It's a separate option in Settings. I don't mean to be pedantic. Just wanted to be sure you understand the functionality.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts