What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

location?

TillysWilly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok for some reason my ipad isnt finding my location on "find Iphone" of on the nightstand its a 16g wifi version anyone else having this issue....im on wifi trying b4 you ask

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To clarify, are you trying to locate your iPad via your iPhone? If so have you installed the application on the device you are trying to locate? I have an iPad wifi version also and I can locate it using the find me app.

I am on my 3G iPad at the moment and I just checked and found my wifi iPad right away.

OP
TillysWilly

TillysWilly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
no i looked on there site on my laptop and on the ipad itself and says no location available

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I am sorry I just noticed your location. From what I understand, this feature only works in the US right now. I could be mistaken though.

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have installed the find me app on my Ipad and went through the process of installation, mail etc however I can only locate my pad and Iphone when using my MAC. Another words, I can not locate my Iphone using my Ipad. Both devices have the same log in and passwords. What gives?

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i am in the US im in alabama

Then make sure you followed the directions when loading and setting up the app and it should work. Double check in other words. It does work on my wifi only iPad as well.

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought the location only worked on 3G models?

Mine finds me instantly all the time. Even in my home, it seems to know about what room I'm in lol

OP
TillysWilly

TillysWilly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok just got off the phone with apple for 2 1/2hrs SHOOT ME...but anyways he said the ipad is defected and there over nighting me another one right now should be here thurs bc its 9pm.....and not it will work over 3g bc he had me turn on airplane mode on my girfriends phone and it found hers over wifi just fine but nothing for my ipad so im getting a new one now

xune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I am sorry I just noticed your location. From what I understand, this feature only works in the US right now. I could be mistaken though.

"Find my" works in most countries.

support.apple.com said:
This feature may not be available in all countries due to technical limitations or local law.

The countries I've read that it wil not work in are:

North Korea
Israel
Egypt

"Find my" also works on both wifi only models and wifi+3G models.

Also, make sure that you select "ON" for find my iPhone, and select "Allow" or it will not be enabled.

step6-201011161.png

There are other things that can prevent your "Find my" from working:

Anyone who is having trouble using "Find my iPhone" should go here> http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2734

Last edited:

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I stand corrected.

Good deal on getting a new one as well....

Most reactions