What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Linking iPad to my iPhone...

pinkandshoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to link my new iPad to my iPhone - when I set up the iPad I choose the option to set up the iPad as a new device rather than as a copy of my iPhone and now I'd like to link the two so that my emails, contacts, calendar etc are connected to both; can anyone tell me if this is possible?

dobbey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just use the same email address for both and it should sync

Sent from my iPad 2 32GB White using iPF

OP
P

pinkandshoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have managed to sort the email and calendars, am now just looking at how to get e contacts on my iPhone to also appear on the iPad?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Have managed to sort the email and calendars, am now just looking at how to get e contacts on my iPhone to also appear on the iPad?

What are you using to sync your contracts on the iPhone? If you are not currently syncing them with anything, then you'll have to do that before syncing them with the iPad.

Google is the most popular option at the moment, though iOS 5 and iCloud may soon change that.

Here is how to setup Google as Exchange on your iPhone and iPad. Do the phone first and make sure to merge the contacts when prompted (not delete). Then set up the iPad, but only after visiting the Google site on the web and making sure your contacts have been synced.

Setting up Google Sync with your iOS device : Mail, Calendar, & Contacts - Google Mobile Help

Most reactions

Latest posts