What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

linking iPad and a projector

paqman3217

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an Epson LCD projector at school and would like to link my iPad to it. I bought Apple's Dock to VGA adapter and hooked the two devices together. Not unexpectedly, the Epson doesn't "see' the signal from my iPad. The problem is, an iPad has no F7 key/button to push to link the two (that's the closest device name/brand: Apple).
Anyone know of a 'fix"? Or, is Epson just a brand that won't work with the iPad?
Thanks!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The iPad doesn't place a signal on the VGA output by default. You have to use an app to active the signal before you'll see anything. In most cases (maybe all) you can only see the screen output of specific apps that have it as a feature.

I can't recommend any of the apps. Just do a search in the App Store for VGA and see what you can find.

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife found and bought an app that will run PowerPoint with transitions and output it to the VGA connector.

It was Keynote, I believe.

Works well and she will use it teaching her speech class at college.

ASLmike

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 2 and Epson LCD Projector...

i have the same overhead projector at school and I tape students performing their American Sign Language projects, then I plug the iPad into the back of the computer's VGA port and play them back. the ''clicker'' has a button on it to ''acquire source'' and it autofinds it. Hope that helps. Mike:)

Most reactions

Latest posts