What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Licensing apps on muliple iPads in the Corporate environment

icebun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does Anyone know what the rules are with regard to licensing apps bought once from the App store but used on multiple devices in the workplace?

I did see a guide regarding volume licences but that seems to only apply in the States and I am based in the UK.

Any advice would be helpful.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The Volume Purchase Program is currently only available in the US App Store.

You need a Dun & Bradstreet number and US mailing address.

If you can figure out how to get these things for your business located in the UK, you can participate in the program...

-t

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Even with volume purchases, you still pay by the app and Apple's Usage Rules still apply. You can find those rules in the Terms and Conditions link at the bottom of most iTunes and App Store pages.

On the computer it takes you to the terms relevant to the Store you are signed into. On the iPad it takes you to a page that lists the Terms and Conditions for the various stores by country. Apple - Legal - iTunes

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The volume purchase program basically gives you a list of redeem codes for downloading the Apps. You use them up as you deploy more copies of the application against the purchase agreement.

We have a few apps involved in that program now, with negotiated prices and tens of thousands of purchases by specific companies.

The program seems to work OK, but I don't know if they plan to expand outside of the US any time soon or not.

-t

Most reactions

Latest posts