What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lee's intro.

Leeisme

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all.

My name is Lee and i am from Australia, i had never owned an apple product until in the last 3 months. I have 2 young children under 5 that are on the autism spectrum and the speech therapist uses an ipad with great success in her sessions, so we bought a second hand ipod touch to see how well it would survive with much greater use at home by a few kids that can be very destructive, even more so than most other children their age.

We then purchased in ipad2 after seeing how well they went and the progress made at home on the ipod touch. There are many great autism specific and other educational apps for helping children with various difficulties, plus the bigger screen certainly helps.

Having never used an apple idevice before i had googled every question i had or help for something i couldn't work out and this site was always at the top of the results page and the advice has always followed through with successful results, so thank you to all the contributors for those who asked the questions before me and for those who answered them.

Regards, Lee.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum, great to hear ipads and touch are helping you children 

Sent from my iPad using iPF, using iOS 4.3.2

Most reactions