What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latest "Obnoxiosity" from Apple

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just noticed that I have two app updates at the Apple App Store. Started the download and up pops a notice saying something like "App Store Rules have changed." I was then instructed that I had to agree to FORTY-ONE pages of crap in order to simply get the free updates on my apps.

Has anyone else noticed this yet--and are you as mad as I am?

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why blame Apple. Blame the lawyers who make such nonsense necessary.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This notification comes up every time the terms of service change. I think few of us bother to read them but perhaps we should. At any rate, there is no way around agreeing.

otacon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah but I've read a few articles on Apple ToS updates. They are ludicris in the fact that they dumb things down so much just so people won't read them. They compared them to Microsoft, Android, etc and Apple's ToS's and EULA's are 10-20x longer than anyone elses. As was already stated, you can't get around them but if you have some time to blow sometime..actually read a few pages. It is pretty bad.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I missed the purpose of this post.

Lemme see.

Stupid pop up
Pree ok.
Scroll down.
Press agree.
Return to app store.
Press upgrade all or install app.

6 additional gestures to get back to happiness. Not a 30k marathon.

Excuse apple for not wanting to waste a billion dollars in lawsuits.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There are no readable EULAs. They all use lawyer speak to some degree (which if you are a lawyer is very clear, but takes years to learn).

At least they included a summary of the changes in the first two paragraphs, and those summaries were easily read and understood. At least I though they were.

And if you are pissed off about the few seconds it took to be notified and agree again, just think about how outraged you would be if you found out later that Apple had changed this agreement without notifying you or the world at large. Or are you ok with an agreement you did not even know had been changed, read or not?

Given that Apple is about to make major changes in several of it's services, there was no way they could not change the EULA.

People are far to easily irritated these days. Remember, stress kills. :)

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
There are no readable EULAs. They all use lawyer speak to some degree (which if you are a lawyer is very clear, but takes years to learn).

At least they included a summary of the changes in the first two paragraphs, and those summaries were easily read and understood. At least I though they were.

And if you are pissed off about the few seconds it took to be notified and agree again, just think about how outraged you would be if you found out later that Apple had changed this agreement without notifying you or the world at large. Or are you ok with an agreement you did not even know had been changed, read or not?

Given that Apple is about to make major changes in several of it's services, there was no way they could not change the EULA.

People are far to easily irritated these days. Remember, stress kills. :)

^ +1

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Even though the app has the same name if you look closely it is different in many tiny details. So this classifies it as being a new app and with it comes new legal notices.

This has happened several times already and is nothing new.

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The EULA is really only saying this: "We've paid our lawyers $$$$$ to plug another few legal loopholes in the previous EULA, so we'll be able to sue your a$$ if you try to rip us off."

No need to read the whole 40 pages, lol.

Most reactions

Latest posts