What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LapDock

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For those people, who really miss the point about the iPad.....

lapdock_banner6.jpg

And there is a Youtube-Video as well:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMr6HYJ3Bo0&feature=player_embedded]LapDock[/ame]

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
I can see some uses for something like this. But overall I see it as a downgrade for the iPad. I sure would not want to carry that around, a $300 netbook would be a better choice than all that.....

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can see why someone would want a ... convertible like that although I wouldn't want one. This makes me realize that there are no Touch interface computers around as decent as the iPad. Apple should jump on this and make a laptop with this interface. An AirPad ?

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An iPad with a slide out keyboard would make more sense, but I still see little purpose to it. If that is what a person wants, they can get a MacBook with more capability and be more practical than that. And it can be done for a lot less money. The only thing the MacBook lacks is 3G and you can get a dongle for that.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One issue I see, while it is nice to have the keyboard for typing, the iPad cannot support a mouse, and a laptop needs a touch pad or mouse for dealing with the ergodynamics. BTW, that top one is a really nice adaptation of an old laptop. It also gives me a perspective on the wireless keyboard size compared to the iPad.

ryan8813

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like the concept but it would be better if it had more features. Like a better battery or speakers. Right now it's really just a fancy case.

Most reactions

Latest posts