What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LameSwitcher - WebOS Style Multitasking

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One of the most lauded features of the Touchpad and other WebOS devices is the card based multitasking. It's both useful and beautiful to page through your open applications all minimized like a deck of apps.

Several Cydia tweaks have come along to simulate the same ability. There is MultFlow which has a similar card view option, older Proswitcher and the newly developed CardSwitcher which is unfortunately incompatible with iPad.

Today a new tweak is out called LameSwitcher which is both faithful to the WebOS format and compatible with iPad. You can set up the program through your settings tab enabling several options including a full selection of activator options to pull up your cards. Also, exactly like WebOS, you can simply drag the card to the top of the screen to close your program.

The best feature of this app compared to the others? It's free! I've been using it on my iPad 2 today and it seems to work without a hitch. Give it a shot!

44205f9c-86a5-542e.jpg

44205f9c-86b8-77bb.jpg

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wait cardswitcher is incompatible with the iPad? But it's working fine on mine @.@

OP
guthrien

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Um, it was! Did it get updated today? There was a big note at Cydia that said not for ipad's. But supposedly this is more stable..and it's free!

OP
guthrien

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rpetri.ch/repo/

I apologize, I read about it and they didn't mention it and I just happened to already have the repo. I assumed it was BigBoss.

OP
guthrien

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No it doesn't landscape. It's frustrating, I actually love the card view in MultiFlow too, but it also does not flip in rotation. I'm not sure any do.

Christophxr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's not bad, but it's not really useful, either. It only shows the running apps and you have no idea what can be at the left or right. If you have multitouch gestures enabled, you're almost better off just using those to "scroll" left and right through your apps.

Also, if you have have one of the many tweaks that shows which apps are actually running and which ones aren't in your classical switcher (it grays out the runs that aren't running usually) and lets you quickly swipe up to close whatever app you want, this tweak is almost completely useless.

OP
guthrien

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ive ended up sticking with MultiFlow but I use it in card format. It seems considerably better than paging through the multitasking method. Since I'm typically working between 3-4 programs its a nice alternative for me. Plus, its just pleasing to look at!

Most reactions

Latest posts