What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

kindle app DESTROYS ibooks imo

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We couldn't find some books today on the ibook store so we decided to try the kindle app. Not only does the kindle app have more books, but on average it seems like books in paperback are about four to five dollars cheaper than in ibooks. Plus the app itself is much more smooth and less laggy. No loading pages forever, etc.

Just one mans opinion....if you don't need to convert and import books...I highly recommend kindle over ibooks. Ill never buy another ibooks book again, that's for sure.

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wish Kindle app had a dictionary. And I wish iBooks had a sepia background option. Right now I do most my reading on the Kindle app.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
I use the iBooks app, and Stanza mostly.... But I rip DRM off everything. I have never boughtna book from Apple, too expensive, limited selection and no way yet to remove the DRM......

The Kindle app is good, but I prefer the ePub format.....

But yes, I do agree the Kindle store blows away the Apple ebook store....

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I prefer iBooks, but had many Kindle books already, so I use both. I don't notice any lag at all with iBooks. The kindle store does have a much bigger selection, but then they've been around longer. However when I went to pre order the latest Charlaine Harris novel, I found it on iBooks before it was on Kindle, and at the same $9.99 that Kindle usually sells new best sellers for.

Snowball136

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Agree. Apple Lover but Kindle (so far) blows iBooks out of the water, faster, cheaper, smoother.

I do find searching for books to be very awkward on both.

gojeffrey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.gojeffrey.com
I would like to use iBooks, but it's a little difficult when nearly all of my searches in the iBookstore have come up empty. It doesn't matter how elegant the UI, if the content isn't there. So yes, I agree. By virtue of the vast selection for Kindle, it kicks iBooks butt.

arshield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mrshields.com
Be sure you set twitter or an RSS feed for all of the free Kindle books. There are about 20 to 30 a month. No one really wants all of them. But almost everyone will find at least a couple a month that they would read. I track Books on the Knob.

I post ones that I think are at least mildly worth it on my blog too.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
+1 for the Kindle app!

With all due respect for the fine folks at #1 Infinite Loop, I guess that's the difference between an app designed by a company that primarily sells books (or at least started out that way!) and a company that primarily sells electronic stuff.

bolinao

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We couldn't find some books today on the ibook store so we decided to try the kindle app. Not only does the kindle app have more books, but on average it seems like books in paperback are about four to five dollars cheaper than in ibooks. Plus the app itself is much more smooth and less laggy. No loading pages forever, etc.

Just one mans opinion....if you don't need to convert and import books...I highly recommend kindle over ibooks. Ill never buy another ibooks book again, that's for sure.
You buy books :D

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't tell me you're dumb enough for the myipadmedia scam...

CITSFixed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am assuming you posted this prior to Amazon releasing the new kindle app that allows embedded video and audio in books?

It won't be long before the ipad kindle app reads the books to you!

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am assuming you posted this prior to Amazon releasing the new kindle app that allows embedded video and audio in books?

It won't be long before the ipad kindle app reads the books to you!

except when those pesky publishers block that ability, just like they already do on many of their books even though the Kindle device is already capable of reading them to you.

crimlaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
does the kindle app allow you to import pdf's from email? I do not buy books on ibook, but I do use it as a pdf reader for legal docs. It has served its purpose thus far, but I am always looking for cheaper, better options.

Most reactions

Latest posts