What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kindle App Brightness Pattern

Yoshiki UK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is verging on, or in fact going past paranoid, but I was reading an ebook using the kindle app in a dark room, and i noticed that when I controlled the brightness of the screen by using the brightness option within the app, there was a pattern that emerged as the brightness went down which seems to border the text. It changes size as the brightness is lowered and raised. Just wondering if this is meant to be like this, because at first i thought it was some sort of border pattern, but the way it changes in size as i decrease the backlight makes it seem like it is a result of 'seeing' the light decrease and increase on the white background of the book 'page' (if that makes any sense). Perhaps somebody could try it in a dark room and see if they see it?

I don't care that it is there as long as it is not abnormal or anything, for example something to do with the BL. Again, sorry for the paranoia :eek:

OP
Y

Yoshiki UK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yoshiki,
Now you have me going. I cannot find a "brightness" control inside of the Amazon Kindle reader app. So I can't test your problem. Where do you find the brightness adjustment?

When reading a book select the text size option (Aa) and the brightness can be lowered with the bar. At least that's the way it is with mine.

mslammers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Yoshiki,
I don't get the banding you describe.
Yoshiki,
Now you have me going. I cannot find a "brightness" control inside of the Amazon Kindle reader app. So I can't test your problem. Where do you find the brightness adjustment?

When reading a book select the text size option (Aa) and the brightness can be lowered with the bar. At least that's the way it is with mine.

OP
Y

Yoshiki UK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh OK, i'm not really too worried because it only does it on the Kindle app and not Stanza or iBooks or anything else, and it is only really visible on the white background and I like using the sepia one :)

Most reactions

Latest posts