What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kicking out of screen you're in & sending you back to homepage

sha72

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, new here, bear with me. My ipad 2 keeps kicking me out of the apps or places I am. For instance, if I'm in settings or in the the weather channel app doing something, it will automatically kick me out and send me back to the home page. Here's what I have done to try rectify the problem so far: restart, shut off, close apps, rid system of any unnecessary pics, apps, "junk" (of which there is barely), go to safari & clear data & cookies.(for the most part every day..sometimes 2-3 times a day), I've held the home button and the top button & do various things. Id appreciate any input someone might have on this issue. Thank you & Happy New Year!!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well you have been doing the right steps....although you shouldn't need to clear out your history and cookies so often.

Do you close your apps regularly? Apps which are left open in your multi task bar, while not running, they do take up some ram.....I close all my apps on my iPad 2 every night. I'll do a restart once a week and a reset occasionally when I do have any problems.

These steps are just a bit of housekeeping to keep your iPad running well.

Have a look at your Location settings also, which you will find under Privacy settings......how many of these do you have on? Limit these to the apps you use regularly.....as these also use ram.

Hopefully doing these steps will make a difference to prevent your iPad crashing.

OP
sha72

sha72

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good morning. Thank you very much for that information. I just did what you said...we shall see what happens from here. I was not aware of closing those things. If someone has any other ideas, please shoot them my way. I just had back surgery and I'm laid up for 9 mos. Got plenty of time to figure this out. Lol. Thank you, again!!!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good morning. Thank you very much for that information. I just did what you said...we shall see what happens from here. I was not aware of closing those things. If someone has any other ideas, please shoot them my way. I just had back surgery and I'm laid up for 9 mos. Got plenty of time to figure this out. Lol. Thank you, again!!!

You're welcome!

9 months sure is a long time.....I do hope it heals well and the time flies for you!

Most reactions

Latest posts