What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keyboard

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Claudine - welcome to the forum! :)

I'm assuming that you are talking about the Apple BT keyboard - correct? If so, you need to turn on the KB and then on your iPad go to Settings -> General -> Bluetooth; turn on Bluetooth and then 'pair' the two devices; once recognized and paired, repeat the process in the future - let us know if this solves your issue - good luck!

OP
C

claudine zuspan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
giradman said:
Hi Claudine - welcome to the forum! :)

I'm assuming that you are talking about the Apple BT keyboard - correct? If so, you need to turn on the KB and then on your iPad go to Settings -> General -> Bluetooth; turn on Bluetooth and then 'pair' the two devices; once recognized and paired, repeat the process in the future - let us know if this solves your issue - good luck!

Thank you so much it worked

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
sleek881 said:
After pairing the first time, you won't have to do it again.

Well, by returning to settings after 'pairing' your BT devices, you'll need to still activate BT on your iPad if not on; I usually just turn on BT when needed to save on battery life, so need to go back to settings but once on the 'device' (I also have BT headphones & external speakers) that is on will automatically connect.

Also for those just getting into using a BT keyboard, once paired, the on-screen KB will NOT automatically come up, but there is a key on the Apple KB (right upper corner, an up arrow key) that will bring up the keyboard, if desired.

af847

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do you like it? I've been thinking about getting one and now their is a guy on kickstarter who came up with a case for the iPad that will hold and carry it, so I'm considering it even more now. :)
I checked the Kickstarter website and I really like the case too. The Only problem is if you read carefully, it says the guy didn't get enough money to go farther with it and the project was cancelled in March of 2011. It was looking promising though. I'm in the same situation with an Apple BT keyboard and no cases to hold it and my Ipad 3. Right now the Targus laptop case I'm using is too small and turns the BT Keyboard on sometimes when I'm zipping it closed. I really wish some of these 3rd party or even Apple would use some common sense and make a case that would hold both. I would think there are a lot of us out there who have the apple BT Keyboard.

Most reactions