What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keyboard problem

XNYGRL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please help my ipad2 keyboard just split and I can't figure out how to get the full keyboard back to normal

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
XNYGRL said:
Please help my ipad2 keyboard just split and I can't figure out how to get the full keyboard back to normal

Touch the key in the bottom right corner of the right hand keyboard segment. It will bring up a menu,touch the merge button. Your keyboard segments should reunite.
You can also place a finger in each keyboard segment and draw the fingers together. This will merge the keyboard.

Last edited:

cruiser111

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There's all kinds of stuff cleverly hidden in the keyboard.

When you press and hold a key, there are a lot of things that show up. My favorite is the "." and "," keys when held will type a quote or half quote (apostrophe).

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
XNYGRL said:
Thank you so much...it works...how do you like that!

Don't hesitate to come back if you have any other questions. There is almost certain to be someone who can answer almost any questions you may have.

bebz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi....please help i cannot split my keyboard.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
hi....please help i cannot split my keyboard.

First off, you have to have iOS 5 loaded on your iPad.

Then, there are two ways to split the keyboard: (1) Press and hold either side of the keyboard with your thumbs and then, while still holding the press, pull your thumbs apart toward the edges. Or, (2) press and hold the keyboard key (lower rightmost key) and you should get two pop-up option, "Undock" and "Split."

Hope that helps.

Marilyn

bebz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
Don't hesitate to come back if you have any other questions. There is almost certain to be someone who can answer almost any questions you may have.

hi...can i ask for help, i cannot split my keyboard on my ipad 2

bebz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
First off, you have to have iOS 5 loaded on your iPad.

Then, there are two ways to split the keyboard: (1) Press and hold either side of the keyboard with your thumbs and then, while still holding the press, pull your thumbs apart toward the edges. Or, (2) press and hold the keyboard key (lower rightmost key) and you should get two pop-up option, "Undock" and "Split."

Hope that helps.

Marilyn

hi marily...

i tried both but it didnt work :((
how can i load the iOS 5?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
To get iOS 5 installed, connect your iPad to your iTunes (on your computer - make sure iTunes is the most current, up-to-date one). Once it's connected, make a backup, as you'll need that later in the upgrade process.

Then, on the main summary page, there should be a button that says something like "Upgrade." Select it and then sit back while iTunes does the work.

Once it's completed, select to restore from backup and then iTunes will put your iPad back the way it was before you started - except you'll be on the most current iOS and you will be able to split your keyboard, which will be just one of the neat things that you'll find iOS 5 can do...

Good luck.

Marilyn

bebz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
To get iOS 5 installed, connect your iPad to your iTunes (on your computer - make sure iTunes is the most current, up-to-date one). Once it's connected, make a backup, as you'll need that later in the upgrade process.

Then, on the main summary page, there should be a button that says something like "Upgrade." Select it and then sit back while iTunes does the work.

Once it's completed, select to restore from backup and then iTunes will put your iPad back the way it was before you started - except you'll be on the most current iOS and you will be able to split your keyboard, which will be just one of the neat things that you'll find iOS 5 can do...

Good luck.

Marilyn

....solved!!
Thank you marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts