What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keyboard problem that happens on my iPhone 4 also?

Tommy Gun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For the past couple months and not every time, when I go to use my keyboard it allows me to type one letter then if I type another it minimalizes? I type another and it minimalizes again and again.

If I type my first letter then hit the minimize button myself, then try to type again, it works properly.

This happens most of the time, but not all the time?

Any idea why my keyboard would do this? It happens now with my iPhone as well. :(

OP
T

Tommy Gun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bump :)

Sorry for the bump, didn't realize it wasn't allowed here. :(

Last edited:

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Err, sorry, not sure what you mean by "bump"? If you start a sentence the first letter will be in upper case (the shift arrow is blue) but as you continue typing that sentence it then automatically reverts to lower case typing. The way you describe it seems to me the keyboard is acting normally.
Anyway, to then say "bump" doesn't really mean much to anyone, seems to me. For help, can you explain a bit more?
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
T

Tommy Gun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not talking about the letters returning to lower case, I'm talking about the keyboard dissapears after each typed letter. (Minimalizes)

OP
T

Tommy Gun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Never heard of bump? Lol

That is used on most forums to bring a thread back up so people see it.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not talking about the letters returning to lower case, I'm talking about the keyboard dissapears after each typed letter. (Minimalizes)

OK sorry, I see by Minimizes you meant Disappears (or bumps?) entirely. Try rebooting your iPad ( hold the Off and Home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears. When it restarts the memory would have tidied itself up and hopefully solved your problem.
Regards, Andrew

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Never heard of bump? Lol

That is used on most forums to bring a thread back up so people see it.

OK thanks for the education on bringing threads back up. But people can see your previous post and if they want to reply they will. Some even try to help.
Regards, Andrew

OP
T

Tommy Gun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just reset, no difference.

Funny, it doesn't do it as often on this forum as on others?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score

The rules about bumping go like this:

4.3. Do not “bump” a post to attract attention to it. If, after 48 hours, you have not received a response on a question you may bump your post one (1) time. If you still do not receive a response send a private message (PM) to a moderator and ask for assistance. Bumping posts may subject the post to deletion.

I suspect you didn't get a response because people may not have understood what you are saying as the word "miminalizes" has no clear meaning in context used.

It sounds as if you mean the keyboard goes away. My thought is are you touching the key on the keyboard that sends the keyboard away? Are you aware of that key? If your hand actually manages to touch it while you are trying to press another key, then it will disappear.

OP
T

Tommy Gun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will look more clearly where hand hand is, but usually I hen peck so only one finger on the screen at a time.

Sorry about the bump, I missed that in the rules. Most sites I have been on the last 6 years allow such a thing.

hollyvane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The OB said:
OK sorry, I see by Minimizes you meant Disappears (or bumps?) entirely. Try rebooting your iPad ( hold the Off and Home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears. When it restarts the memory would have tidied itself up and hopefully solved your problem.
Regards, Andrew

This happens to me and it comes back after rebooting but its really annoying to have to turn off and restart everytime it happens

Most reactions