What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keyboard issues

Schmora15

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! I just got my iPad a few days ago and am still learning. So far the majority of tme I have no issues with the keyboard. On one of the forums I visit the keyboard does not pop up for the text box. I tap inside and get nothing. I was showing my MIL yesterday and of course it worked then, but can't get it to work again. It works for the title not the message portion. Any suggestions? Thank u!

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
try using another browser and see if you have the same issue. IE: Atomic Browser.
Try resetting ipad, power off/on.

Eilswen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having the same issue with the iPad but use and reply to forums on my iPhone with no problem. (also using Safari)

Any help appreciated!!

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
maybe one of you could post your forums and we can give a try to see if its individual issue or universal to ipad.

Eilswen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
maybe one of you could post your forums and we can give a try to see if its individual issue or universal to ipad.

One forum that doesn't work is my Galway Triathlon Club forum. (Can't post the link as I don't have enough posts written here yet.)

I also have the same issue (of the keyboard not showing up) when I go to send a message in Facebook. It won't allow me type in the recipients name, but will allow me type the message.

Thanks.

Addition: just checked atomic browser and still have the same issue.

Last edited:

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Problem lies with the webpage encoding :(

Perhaps you could start a thread on those boards asking them to be more mobile friendly.

Most reactions