What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kensington 4 Port USB Charger for Mobile Devices and Ipad

ianbillmorris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if a Kensington 4 Port Charger will charge an ipad? Even better will it charge an Ipad & Mifi device & a phone at the same time?

Thanks

Ian "Bill" Morris

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Highly doubt it. I've tried these 4 port chargers and even 2 port chargers for charging my Moto Droid which takes even less of a charge than the iPad and they usually don't work at all, overheat, or have some problem. If you link to the specific model you are looking at, I can tell you why or why it wouldn't work.

The iPad charger is a 2A (2000ma) charger for ONE device. Even though a lot of these devices, like this ([ame]http://www.amazon.com/Kensington-4-Port-USB-Charger-Mobile/dp/B001G5Z8Q4[/ame]) have a max output of 2A, most likely even if you only had the iPad plugged in it wouldn't be able to consistently draw 2A from the device...now if you plug in other devices to it, it get's even less of an output because technically if you have four devices plugged in it's 4x500a...

So even if one other device takes more than .01a to charge, the device immediately becomes inferior to the included OEM iPad charger.

Last edited:
OP
I

ianbillmorris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good guess thats the device

Good guess that was exactly the device I was talking about. Unfortunately I cannot post links yet or would have linked to it. Ah well bang go my dreams of travelling with only one charger for all my devices.

Thanks

Ian "Bill" Morris

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You could always get that for everything else...what all are you trying to charge? I eventually gave up on 1 charger for everything because all my devices don't seem to work with those multiple port USB chargers. Even my phone overjuiced those things.

Most reactions