What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keeps asking for WIFi settings

Jmateus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My pad keeps asking me for the WEP key for my wifi even though I've entered it multiple times. is there a trick to getting it to stick? Sometimes it loses the password as I'm using the wifi.

JM

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My pad keeps asking me for the WEP key for my wifi even though I've entered it multiple times. is there a trick to getting it to stick? Sometimes it loses the password as I'm using the wifi.

JM

I had a similar issue on the pc-partition of my MacBook. Very strange - it's a keychain issue.

Delete the Wifi from your trusted networks and add the network again. If this doesn't help, then restore the iPad to factory defaults and get it loaded again.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
same happens to me occasionally at home for some reason...don't type it in again, just hit cancel, go to settings and select it again, it will log back in since the pw is saved.

pik0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.TheDailyMapper.com
What make/model of wifi router do you have? Some are having issues connecting using WEP. Consider switching to WPA if you can. This appears to alleviate the issue in many cases. Otherwise, we all have to wait for the pending software update.

For me, at work, our Verizon FIOS at work (Actiontec) is completely useless for the iPad. Had to buy a little USB Wifi stick and plug it in to my Mac Pro just so I can have my iPad online.

Piko

HillPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mine does the same thing, dunno i heard it could be the dual band thing too.

Most reactions

Latest posts