What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keeping wifi awake/alive when ipad (2) sleeps

Parsifal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi!
I have accsess to a wifi net at work that requires login at a special homepage. Everytime I close the smartcover the connection is lost and I have to login again(typing both username and password). It's quite annoying and the Q is:

Is there any chance I can keep the wifi connection alive/awake even if I close the smartcover or press the "on/off" button? It would be even better if this could apply to only that specific network!

Thank you

/Jan

Sonia ferdous

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you update the firmware on your iPad? It is important to load the latest firmware to your router in this case.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When for had talks about the tweak Insomnia, he is mentioning something that can only be installed on a jail broken device. There is nothing you can do/install/download on a stock iPad that will prevent WiFi from turning off when your iPad goes to sleep. it's a power-saving function Apple designed into the iPad.

However, if you iPad is connected to a power source and then goes to sleep, the WiFi will stay on. Cause it's getting power, so doesn't need to save it. So, try that and see if it helps? Yeah, you'll have to have any extra charger and cord at work, but still...

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts