What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keep screen on when charging?

Supahrob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone! Is there a way to keep the iPad screen on whenever it is plugged in? I have poked around on the iPad and searched the Internet, but I can't find an answer one way or the other.

Take care,
Rob

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There are no separate settings for when it is plugged in or not.

You can go into Settings >> General >> Auto-Lock and change it to never. Just be sure to change it back later.

If I'm doing something that involves a lot of staring (and not touching) I'll sometimes set it to the full 15 minutes. This is usually enough to keep me from having to unlock it over and over, and the impact on the batter isn't all that bad if I forget to change it back later.

A few apps will override the screen lock; showing slideshows in Photos, never locks during a movie, and most of the alarm clock apps. If you are playing with a specific app it wouldn't hurt to check it's settings to see if there is an options. Probably not, but worth looking.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just leave autolock off always anyway since it gets such amazing battery life there is no reason to turn off the screen during the day...screen on all day running splashtop = 10 Hours life!

Most reactions

Latest posts