What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keep iPad Mail from downloading?

golfgame

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using Gmail and a Gmail app to send and receive mail. How can I stop the iPad mail feature from downloading mail? I get the same mail in two place currently.

dMog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
delete gmail from the mail, contacts, and calendars form "settings" go to the mail contacts calander and click on mail and delete the account form there...you are already using the "gmail app" so you don't need it set up for the ipad to use as the default client.

OP
G

golfgame

iPF Noob
Reaction score
delete gmail from the mail, contacts, and calendars form "settings" go to the mail contacts calander and click on mail and delete the account form there...you are already using the "gmail app" so you don't need it set up for the ipad to use as the default client.

OK, that works fine. Another question please. If I delete items from Gmail on the iPad will that remove the same item from the computer?

dMog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
not sure about gmail..but i would send yourself an email and then delete from the ipad app then go your computer and see if it is there when you log into your gmail account

OP
G

golfgame

iPF Noob
Reaction score
not sure about gmail..but i would send yourself an email and then delete from the ipad app then go your computer and see if it is there when you log into your gmail account

Delete one and it does delete the other as well.

In another issue. How do I get my Gmail contacts visible on the iPad? I am using iMailG HD on the iPad and Contacts Sync for Google Gmail on the iMac.

Most reactions

Latest posts