What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just two questions on my new IPad.

NLAlston

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, it just arrived today, and I am simply crazy about it. But there are two concerns that I hope to find answers to, and they are follows:

1). I just purchased a game for my wife, and would like to know what would a future factory reset (or formatting) spell out for purchased games.

2). I have been trying to find out how to determine what firmware version this unit has, but it has all been to no avail (if my unit is behind, I would really like to bring it current). I also thought that I had seen an Update or Upgrade button somewhere at the bottom of a screen, but hadn't been able to locate that again either. Anyone's help in these matters would be extremely appreciated.

sand6319

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NLAlston said:
Yes, it just arrived today, and I am simply crazy about it. But there are two concerns that I hope to find answers to, and they are follows:

1). I just purchased a game for my wife, and would like to know what would a future factory reset (or formatting) spell out for purchased games.

2). I have been trying to find out how to determine what firmware version this unit has, but it has all been to no avail (if my unit is behind, I would really like to bring it current). I also thought that I had seen an Update or Upgrade button somewhere at the bottom of a screen, but hadn't been able to locate that again either. Anyone's help in these matters would be extremely appreciated.

1. Sync with iTunes, your apps, like songs, will be backed up.

2. Look in, Settings General About Version

OP
N

NLAlston

iPF Novice
Reaction score
NLAlston said:

1. Sync with iTunes, your apps, like songs, will be backed up.

2. Look in, Settings General About Version

Thanks, Sand. I am sitting at version 4.2.1, and am about to see what the current firmware version is (if mine isn't it).

Last edited:

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had mine since December and i have the same version as u

Last edited:

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is indeed the current version. With your iPad connected, when you click on the Update button in iTunes on your PC, you will see this message --

ipad65.jpg

We are all (well most of us anyway!), waiting patiently for iOS v4.3 to come out which is the next update to the operating system.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That's the current firmware. We are patiently LOL waiting for 4.3

You mentioned buying another Ipad for your wife. I did the same with my husband. If you use the same Apple registration and password you can share all your apps without rebuying. When you go to install the second from the app store it generslly says this app is already bought, do you want to reinstall. We do this on 2 main computers also.. Its particularly nice for apps both of us may need or want like Goodreader, office style apps, note taking apps, photography, etc.

Oops, Scott qnd I posting in sync LOL.

Diane

OP
N

NLAlston

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That's the current firmware. We are patiently LOL waiting for 4.3

You mentioned buying another Ipad for your wife. I did the same with my husband. If you use the same Apple registration and password you can share all your apps without rebuying. When you go to install the second from the app store it generslly says this app is already bought, do you want to reinstall. We do this on 2 main computers also.. Its particularly nice for apps both of us may need or want like Goodreader, office style apps, note taking apps, photography, etc.

Oops, Scott qnd I posting in sync LOL.

Diane

Thanks Diane. It is a certainty that my wife wants one. She may wind up with mine, and I may opt (next time) for a newer, more featured unit (my wife's demands aren't as hefty as mine own). Also, I may get the 3G (or 4G, if that is what may be coming) model. But, for now, I am having OODLES of fun with this unit.

Most reactions

Latest posts