What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just ordered my iPad

tom1252

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Afrt saving up over the past 3 weeks I have finally earnt enough money for
the iPad I wanted.

Today I ordered the 32 GB WiFi and 3G version. Now:comingsoon: to wait for it to arive. I hope currys deliver it quickly

Timmah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thats the same iPad I have :). I really love it and it took me 4weeks to get mine on a 8 dollar pay an hour :) lol

IPad-Fan-64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought my 64GB 3G iPad at the pc world megastore, on it's grand opening but now low on stock.

Let us know how you get on with it when you get.

Bluesjam

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have the 32 3G and love it, it is worth the wait. I'm just an old fart and think it's the coolest thing I've ever bought.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An article I read today says that the limit to the iPad sales is just how many they can produce. The reject rate of touch pads is the biggest bottle neck. An outfit call iSupply has raised their predictions to 12.7M units this year and 32M units next year. I am not going to make any bets one way or the other, but Apple has sold 3.2+M so far. Next to the iPhone it seems to be their most popular product. But to sell that many next year, they had better make some major improvements in supplies and product tweaks. The iPad is more productive and powerful than a desktop computer of 10-15 years ago. In a few years from now, it will be more powerful than any laptop of today. That is the nature of the beast.

OP
T

tom1252

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone used PC World or Currys? If so what was the delivery time like. It says 3 - 5 days depending on avaliablity.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I hate anything to do with Kingfisher group......

Hope it arrives soon and you love it as much as we do.
What took you so long?

OP
T

tom1252

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I stopped my part time job because I had lots of exams. So lack of money meant i couldn't get one.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ah the unfettered joys of youth free from taxation, mortgages, falling arches and plastic hip joints....:)

Good luck with the exams.
(btw 3 do pay as you go sim cards)

OP
T

tom1252

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ah the unfettered joys of youth free from taxation, mortgages, falling arches and plastic hip joints....:)

Good luck with the exams.
(btw 3 do pay as you go sim cards)

Thanks i will have a look because there plans are supposed to be the best.

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!

I have the 64g 3g + wifi myself and love every minute of it. Visiting this forum will certainly help you get a leg up on learning the in's and out's of the iPad.

... it is worth the wait. I'm just an old fart and think it's the coolest thing I've ever bought.

Ditto what Bluesjam said (without the fart part)!

OP
T

tom1252

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had a problem with my order and had to cancel it. The good news is that in a store about 40 mins from me there were some in stock and I collected mine today. It is amazing and i am typing on it now. I have a question to 3G users though. I have inserted the sim but I am not sure how to top it up? Any help would be appreciated. I am now off to explore even more.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As of today, Apple is at 4.5 million sold and still going strong,,, no let up in site.

they've sold over 50 million iPhones to date,,,,, no let up in site on that end as well.

Most reactions

Latest posts