What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just in, my new Grove made case/cover

pickles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is for anyone searching for a Grove iPad 2 case user review. I love the workmanship on the bamboo backing, but the leather
cover (London tan) I received was nothing like what was pictured on the site's swatches -- so beware. Instead of looking like natural, veg-tanned leather, it appears and feels glazed. Company says no. Maybe it's something to do with the laser process, but it's
disappointing.
The cover pops off the case (it's held on by magnet) unexpectedly, too. I notice the Grove case for iPad 3 has a permanently
attached cover.

Crissy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.goodscool.net
if i not see it here, i don't know it's a iPad case. i don't like this picture as Ipad case, but it's amazing.

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
pickles said:
This is for anyone searching for a Grove iPad 2 case user review. I love the workmanship on the bamboo backing, but the leather
cover (London tan) I received was nothing like what was pictured on the site's swatches -- so beware. Instead of looking like natural, veg-tanned leather, it appears and feels glazed. Company says no. Maybe it's something to do with the laser process, but it's
disappointing.
The cover pops off the case (it's held on by magnet) unexpectedly, too. I notice the Grove case for iPad 3 has a permanently
attached cover.

I had this problem with a second Grove case I bought. My first, designed for the iPad 2, was as shown on the site, but the second, designed for the new iPad (but fits an iPad 2), looked nothing like it. The color and texture of the leather cover were completely different.

I ordered a second because I got a stain right in the top center of the cover of my first. I was very disappointed that I couldn't just purchase a replacement cover, but because of the new design and a retooling of the company product line, that's not possible.

The Grove company is just great and they were very gracious about letting me return the new one for a full refund.

I just love my old Grove case and I've never had a problem with the magnets and it's aging very well after almost a year and a half of daily use.

I just ended up buying a light, flat multicolored crystal for $10.00 that was intended to be used as a pendant inset and attached it over the offending stain with a bit of poster tape. Now people are beginning to ask where I bought my jeweled case.

Most reactions

Latest posts