What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just in, my new Grove made case/cover

gmaines

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got my grove made case in. They did an outstanding job. Took awhile to get it, but well worth the wait. The fit is nice and snug and I just love it...

Attachments

• Mk5diver.jpg
    Mk5diver.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 1,291

wheems

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Holy submarines, Batman! That's incredible looking! I'm going to look into one of those...

wheems

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wheems said:
Holy submarines, Batman! That's incredible looking! I'm going to look into one of those...

Just looked at their site - I am totally sold. For the quality and originality -not to mention the option of complete personalization- the price isn't bad at all. Time for me to start hinting at potential Christmas gift ideas. And thank you for sharing and turning me on to an absolutely incredible product. :)

SaberOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like original designs so thumbs up here as well. My own incarnation of sorts will hopefully arrive before I travel next month. Actually, if I had to do it over again I would have been a tad more reasonable $.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The detail is crazy, the shading is insane. I noticed on their site they have yours as an example with the image you sent them and the final result, it's dead on. Only problem I have is thinking of an image that I want :)

One thing I'm curious about is how it will hold up. By that I mean because the top cover folds over like a smartcover will it start showing the vertical fold lines in the leather?

Last edited:

beasonfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Updates on How This Case Holds Up?

I really like these cases, and I think your design is excellent. I have a Saddleback Leather iPad 2 case that I like but don't love, so I am looking around again. I have seen a few comments or reviews that show the bamboo cases splitting and / or the magnetic cover not working. Have you had any of these experiences?

OP
gmaines

gmaines

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had no problems... I have 5-6 different cases I use the grove local only, when I travel, I use Vaja or my switcheasy.... I love myGrove made case.

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now you need a case to protect the case.

Last edited:

chazmink

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got the Grove cover for my ipad 2. I am not as happy with it as I thought I would be. If the cover is not aligned precisely the "smart" magnetic features don't work. Frustrating.

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wookiee2cu said:
The detail is crazy, the shading is insane. I noticed on their site they have yours as an example with the image you sent them and the final result, it's dead on. Only problem I have is thinking of an image that I want :)

One thing I'm curious about is how it will hold up. By that I mean because the top cover folds over like a smartcover will it start showing the vertical fold lines in the leather?

When I read the postings in this thread, for some reason I just didn't see this one, so I posted my answer in another Grove case thread: The short answer based on the company's response when I asked the same question is that because the case is made of an organic substance (the hide of cows), it is subject to greater wear over time than a product made from synthetic leather.

I interpret that to mean I'd have to buy a stand for home use like the WedgePad R1 to avoid folding the cover since I use tend to use my iPad while sitting on the couch. Hmmm....

Most reactions

Latest posts