What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just bought ipad 2 and need free divx player

garfy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any idea, I clicked on sime links pointing to vlc player but it says it is not available in US itunes store.

Is there another alternative? Any free player that will play all the files you upload from computer, mov, avi.....

thank you

carlosarias1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i used to have VLC on the ipad 1, wich work perfectly, then apple kind of took it out! and are really testing all of the other to see if it does the same! i dont think will see one like vlc for now, ur best bet is converting the video to mp4, quicktime, or other acceptable apple format! :S

Reaction score
The vlc player app got removed from the AppStore, due to licensing issues, so unless you have a jailbroken iPad, it is not possible to use vlc.

However, there are various other third-party video player apps, which offer similar functionality. For playing videos of different formats, AVPlayer, as well as OPlayer are good choices. Though both are paid apps. There just is no free equivalent to the vlc player.

OP
G

garfy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I forgot the name of the program that converts divx to ipad format and do it really fast ebcause it keeps the same size, do you know what is it called?

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Dude just download "oplayer HD lite" it plays all formats..lite version bcoz it accomodates upto 8 files only :p so no problem really unless u wanna watch 8 movies at a time..

chevyguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OPlayer Lite as mentioned will play xvid/divx/avi files just fine.

ruready

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got the Ipad 2 and got Oplayer lite how do you transfer a video directly to the IPAD 2 to watch it? Since I will be watching video's on the train not via wireless. These are divx files.

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes of course..but there is another limitation..u get an advertisment bar on top...so if ur playing a movie WITHOUT the black bars in a movie i.e full screen...then that will be annoying....dont know about any other free software.

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
@ruready

Just go to itunes , ur ipad, click apps on top, go to the bottom of the page to fin OPlayer HD in another section..click on it and at the right u will get a small window that is the my document...just pu ur movies directly into that...thats it!

OP
G

garfy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using oplayer lite and it is good, but it has a brown box on the top, really annoying, but better than nothing.

It is in american usa itunes

KingR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried find OPlayer Lite, but I could only find OPlayer HD that costs $4.99

Thanks for posting this question. I couldn't find the free oplayer lite. I did however find oplayer HD, but that costs $4.99.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts