What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just an FYI for IPadForums - Problems with App

Panama

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been here for quite a while and like coming here to get help with the iPad, also I am not as versed in applications as most here probably. BUT--

My iPad kept crashing and taking me to my home page ONLY when I was trying to use it in this iPadForums app. It happened a LOT...
So I thought - delete the app and reload it and maybe it would fix it.
Now I get a wheel and it just keeps loading and loading and loading.....
I also got something called a "parse error" and asked about sending a report???
I did hard reboots and restarts and all that.
I went to the App Store and reloaded again.
Still got the same thing, so I looked at the reviews in the App Store....and the reviews are becoming negative with people having the same type problem. Something's wrong I think. So I went to google and opened it from there to tell you....
I like this place. The people are wonderful. They are very helpful and this place has helped me out of a jam before and provided knowledge that I needed.
Read the App Store reviews. I am not alone in this and just wanted to let somebody know that could fix it. You are evidently losing some of your subscriber base. I still can't open the app like I do all the others and evidently others are having the crashing problem.
If I did not know how great of a place you have here and read the reviews and looked at the stars rating - I would have probably moved on. Yours probably already know there are problems but I didn't see it mentioned anywhere... Just FYI - and it is still loading BTW...

rasmith1959

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have been here for quite a while and like coming here to get help with the iPad, also I am not as versed in applications as most here probably. BUT--

My iPad kept crashing and taking me to my home page ONLY when I was trying to use it in this iPadForums app. It happened a LOT...
So I thought - delete the app and reload it and maybe it would fix it.
Now I get a wheel and it just keeps loading and loading and loading.....
I also got something called a "parse error" and asked about sending a report???
I did hard reboots and restarts and all that.
I went to the App Store and reloaded again.
Still got the same thing, so I looked at the reviews in the App Store....and the reviews are becoming negative with people having the same type problem. Something's wrong I think. So I went to google and opened it from there to tell you....
I like this place. The people are wonderful. They are very helpful and this place has helped me out of a jam before and provided knowledge that I needed.
Read the App Store reviews. I am not alone in this and just wanted to let somebody know that could fix it. You are evidently losing some of your subscriber base. I still can't open the app like I do all the others and evidently others are having the crashing problem.
If I did not know how great of a place you have here and read the reviews and looked at the stars rating - I would have probably moved on. Yours probably already know there are problems but I didn't see it mentioned anywhere... Just FYI - and it is still loading BTW...

The iPadForums app no longer works as expected. They recently switched the software that runs the forum so the reader app doesn't work anymore. If you want to use a similar app then I'd suggest TapaTalk. It works great and as a bonus it works with many more forums.

Tapatalk - Forums & Discussions for Cars, Video Games, Collectibles, Gadgets, News and Other Interests by Quoord Systems
https://appsto.re/us/CmEws.i

Roy

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Ibill

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Link takes me to Tapatalk ap with only a star and a half rating. Prior I tried using it. Darn if I could figure it out. Couldn't find most of the forums I belong to. I ended up deleting it.

Most reactions

Latest posts