What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JB/Scrollingboard makes iPad look like giant iPod. Anyone else?

Todd M

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have confirmed that using Scrollingboard with any RC release of Greenpoison causes the iPad to look like a large iPod (icons scrunched down on dock and the look of an iPod touch screen to the iPad's size) when the device reboots. Once I remove Scrollingboard, or I respring after a reboot, all is good (relatively speaking as some of the folders that I created are broken and dumps the app icons back to the main screen).

Has anyone else seen this? I ran across one other person that an issue like this around the internet. I have sent a request for support to limneos on his Twitter feed but no response from him as of yet (working on a few other projects I guess) and I don't see a support forum for Scrollingboard.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I have found this happens with ScrollingBoard intermittently and also with NotifiedPro. Most likely a 4.2.1 incompatibility.

OP
Todd M

Todd M

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I have found this happens with ScrollingBoard intermittently and also with NotifiedPro. Most likely a 4.2.1 incompatibility.

Thanks for the reply. I was wondering if I would be able to find anyone else that replicated it. I still haven't heard anything from limneos, so not sure if there will be a fix.

AWolfOutWest

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also happens to me. Good to know it isn't just on my end. Respringing fixes it and also dumps icons here as well. I look forward to a fix, as I love the functionality when it is working.

ericandi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same issues here. I used mobile substrate in SB setting to turn off Scrollingboard and it fixed the issue. I also have the new greenpoisen jailbreak on iPad 4.2.3

Anyone know of any another other Cydia packages that will allow me add multiple app icons to the dock?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Same issues here. I used mobile substrate in SB setting to turn off Scrollingboard and it fixed the issue. I also have the new greenpoisen jailbreak on iPad 4.2.3

Anyone know of any another other Cydia packages that will allow me add multiple app icons to the dock?

Infinidock.

OP
Todd M

Todd M

iPF Noob
Reaction score
**fixed**

**FIXED**

Limneos has posted a patch for ScrollingBoard in Cydia which fixes this issue!!!

from his twitter feed:
@limneos
in case I forgot to mention, ScrollingBoard 1.30 update fixes iPad huge iPod mode on-restart bug

I can confirm this fixes this issue with ScrollingBoard. You can download the update via Cydia.

ericandi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got infiniboard

Thanks for infiniboard suggestions. Got it and works great. And thanks for heads up that Scrolling board is fixed. Might go back to Scrolling board if its fixed, so I can use the add in's like SB settings and ipod controls on the dock vs. having to go to the app switcher.

Most reactions

Latest posts