What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JB iPad 1 Cannot Tether to Galaxy S2 Via Bluetooth?

XERO

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry if this was discussed in detail elsewhere, but I was searching and couldn't find the answer I was looking for. I just did the jailbreak on my iPad 1 OS 5 thinking I could Bluetooth tether it to my Samsung Galaxy S2 to use it as a modem, but my iPad doesn't support it via Bluetooth. Is there a program I should install to get this to work? I could use my Galaxy as a hotspot, but don't want to pay the extra fee. Thanks for the help in advance.

OP
X

XERO

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see there are mywi 5.0 and mywi on demand. Both are $20+ but looks like it turns my iPad into a hotspot, not recognize my Galaxy via Bluetooth, or am I wrong? One looks like connects iPhone and iPad together. Sorry I'm a total iPad and hacker noob.

OP
X

XERO

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update: Success! I got iBluever for $5 on my iPad OS 5 and PDANet on my Samsung Galaxy S2 and it works great! Took a while to figure out how they work, but it's gold. Now I can take my wifi iPad on the go! I know this is probably old to most, but it's new to me!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I appreciate the OP solved his own problem, but just wanted to chip in that both iBluever or iTether were the right packages for this to assist any other members with the same problem.

MyWi was not the right product in this scenario. It is more concerned with allowing tethering of the 3G connection of the iPad to another device, rather than allowing you to tether onto a phone's connection using iPad bluetooth.

Most reactions

Latest posts