What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbroken->restore->bricked???

frenchie1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought a used ipad jailbroken on 3.2
since i want to have multitasking and can wait to have the jailbreak solution running properly, i decided to restore to factory setting and upgrade it.

BUT: when i select from the menu setting erase data and contents

the ipad is now for the past 3 hours loading on the apple logo whatever...

i tried to press and hold for 10 sec the 2 buttons to reboot it.
it does reboot but come back to the same screen...

when plugg to the macbook with itunes, the ipad do not appear...

Every few minute it reboots by itself...ending up on the apple logo loading.

any suggestion?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dont panic! You cannot brick your iPad, but you should not have pressed that button!

You need to get the iPad into DFU mode. YouTube has lots of good videos on how to do it. It requires precise timing. Then you will be able to restore in iTunes.

Good Luck.

iPad-Sweden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes you CAN brick your ipad. Stop posting incorrect information. It is not "unbrickable".

If someone brick their iDevice It's hardly becuase on the jailbreak procedure It self, more on what the person do when It Is jailbroken.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes you CAN brick your ipad. Stop posting incorrect information. It is not "unbrickable".

Aside from damaging the hardware or flashing an invalid baseband bootloader (which is again almost impossible since the days of the first iPhones), please explain how..., and for the avoidance of doubt, posting a link to the google home page is not a credible reply.

You keep calling me out on this stuff and providing no proof. It just seems like a childish vendetta. I am happy to admit I am wrong when shown any credible examples.

Show me any post on this forum or any other where a user has ended up with an iPad brick, and be clear that the defintion of a brick is that the device can never be utilised again. If it can be restored IT IS NOT A BRICK.

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/13505-os4-upgrade-bricked-my-ipad.html - Not a brick
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/17624-bricked-ipad.html - Not a brick
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/10730-help-bricked-ipad-while-update.html - Not a brick

I could go on, but to be honest I don't know why I'm bothering to justify myself to you.
Best solution is +1 for the ignore list... Goodbye

Last edited:

bL33d

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can u not use ztoggle I believe it's called from Cydia to enable multitasking? I would rather have a untethered jailbreak multitasking is over rated other then pandora of course.

Most reactions

Latest posts