What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbroken Ipad3 - folders keep blowing apart

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAP66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there

I have an Ipad3 that I jailbroke a while back. I xfer'd a bunch of my apps to it and started organizing them into folders. The folders will keep until I need to respring or reboot the ipad. When that happens all of my folders disappear and my apps are on the desktop. I've searched and still cannot find an answer as to why my folders disappear and I haven't heard of a working fix.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks

Rich

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It sounds as if you have a tweak installed that is not playing well with the iPad3 or iOS 5.1.1 (or both).

If you want, list all the tweaks you have installed and we can look and see if we see one that might be the culprit. Hopefully, we'll be able to figure this one out...

Marilyn

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You also want to install 2 packages from Cydia called...

Bug Fix: Duplicate Icons
Bug Fix: Stuck Pages

These fix two bugs in IOS5 which can cause the icon layout of springboard to reset. They are installed as standard with a couple of common tweaks, but if you don't have them installed, you should do it manually :D

OP
R

RAP66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It sounds as if you have a tweak installed that is not playing well with the iPad3 or iOS 5.1.1 (or both).

If you want, list all the tweaks you have installed and we can look and see if we see one that might be the culprit. Hopefully, we'll be able to figure this one out...

Marilyn

Another item to note, I need to respring twice. First respring I loose the bottom tool bar, second respring I get the toolbar back.

Here is the list of Cydia installed items I have on my Ipad:

Activator
Airplane SBS settings
AnuDaw Font
AppBackup
*** REMOVED BY MODERATOR
APT 0.7 HTTPS Method
BigBoss Icon Set
biteSMS *
Bug Fix: Duplicate Icons
Bug Fix: Stuck Pages
BytaFont
Cydia Installer
Cydia Translations
Default HD SBSettings
Erica Utilities
FolderEnhancer *
*** REMOVED BY MODERATOR
iFile *
*** REMOVED BY MODERATOR
*** REMOVED BY MODERATOR
Mobile Substrate
MxTube
PkgBackup
Rocky Racoon 5.1.1 Untether
SBSettings
sbsettingstoggles
Serious SBSettings HD
*** REMOVED BY MODERATOR
Source GUI
Substrate Safe Mode
TerminalActivator
Winterboard

Everything with an * indicates cracked.

Last edited by a moderator:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
WOW. Really couldn't be bothered to read our rules before agreeing to them as you signed up?

Reminder - Rule 15
Discussion of pirated or cracked applications and any methods associated with enabling their use, such as posting app or repository names, is forbidden on this forum. This also includes discussion of illegally obtaining media such as music, movies, games, books or other copyrighted content.
Piracy is illegal and the staff of iPadForums.net neither supports or condones it in any way. Jailbreaking and hacking is not an excuse to steal or pirate software!
Discussions, links, and sharing of any piracy related topics, apps, repositories, etc., will be deleted and the member will receive a warning which may lead to a ban.
Please review all our forum rules here

We don't support pirates here. Jailbreaking is NOT an excuse to get stuff for free which you should be paying for. Don't be a pirate!

/CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts