What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbroken Ipad 3.2.1 to 4 or above, how?

makemyfilm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. I have Jailbroken Ipad 1st gen, with 3.2.1 in it. What is the safest 4.0 software I can put in it? I am reading your site, and, I think I understand how to upgrade this with redsnow, though not sure. Could you please link me to right direction to simply being able to update ipad to 4.0 or above and still keep my ipad jailbroken? I used jailbreakme.com to JB the ipad. I have tried dowloading RedSnow 4.3.1 with trying to put 4.3.1 ispw software onto this. Following all the power/home button directions, looks like my ipad was going through a jb process, then, the ipad restarts, and, back to the old 3.2.1, like nothing happened. I am dying to get any sort of 4.0 ipad software and above on this. Should I just update to 4.2 on itunes, then try the JB? I fear losing all the jailbroken apps on my ipad. Please help! Thanks.

OP
M

makemyfilm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, update the firmware via itunes first?

Then do the redsnow teather? I fear updating on itunes. Will it undo my jailbreak 3.2.1 and will I lose all the apps on my ipad? Where will these apps go? (I think I have backed-up these). thanks,

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Most reactions