What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbroken Accessories

TylerThomas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey,

I'm trying to find out what all devices and hardware accessories have available drivers and compatible software for a jailbroken iOS device. What devices and accessories can I use with my jailbroken device that I couldnt use or fully use otherwise? What devices do you know of and/or currently are using with your jailbroken device? Any answers, information, links, leads, etc. that you can contribute would be helpful,

Thanks.

Here is a list of the accessories I currently know about:

With drivers and/or software available in the Cydia store default sources:

1) Flash drives & memory cards (SD, etc.). Can be fully utilized with iFile, i.e. any compatible media or file can be viewed, played, edited, exported, imported, etc. rather than just being able to import pictures. (Note: you need a connection kit)

2) External hardrives. Can be utilized with iFile and mounting add on.*

3) Bluetooth keyboards, mice and GPS devices. Can be used with corresponding BTstack package.

4) Wiimote. Can be used with BTstack.

4) Zeemote. Can be used with zeemote driver.

5) Mimics Module. Can be used with driver.

Available from non-default sources:

1) Skyroam Gmate. Can be used with Gmate client. (Allows you to use a normally unavailable or additional SIM card so as to make calls, texts and use the internet)

Those are all the ones I know about so far. I'm hoping there are more available now and that will be available, such as an optical drive.

Please post any that you know about!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since you talk about a jail broken iPads and accessories for same, I've taken the liberty of moving your post over to the Hacking section. Thanks for your understanding.

Marilyn

Most reactions