What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbreaking iPad Cons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obfuscation

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What are they?

I won't be using backgrounder or any themes, and I won't be using too many 3rd party apps......I already know it voids the warrenty, but this can easily be solved with a restore.

I am worried if I jailbreak my iPad it will make it have less battery life and/or it will make it slower. I haven't jailbroken any iDevices in a while so I want to make sure before I jailbreak my iPad

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't had any of those problems. Someone will be along to tell you though that it's possible that you won't be able to restore the iPad completely and the really sneaky spy techs (aka - the pimply 17 year old kids) will be able to tell at the Apple store.

Frankly, I'm not worried.

:D

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
The reasons you listed as things you wont be doing is basically the only reason I JB my ipad. But if you have any issues you can just restore and get it back to normal.

Con: Being away from your computer when something goes wrong or you want to perform a restore.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Only if you are too stupid to restore it before you take it back.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No one is attacking you my friend, I promise.

No need to invoke Hitler's name in a discussion about the iPad. :confused:

Last edited:

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
I won't even touch the Hitler reference...... Wow.... What a freak....

On the subject at hand..... I have no interest in JB my iPad. But I really see no downside, if that is what you want to do. I don't want to, but if I did I would not hesitate...

James Goddard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No one is attacking you my friend, I promise.

No need to invoke Hitler's name in a discussion about the iPad. :confused:

Look up Godwin's law. Adb hom attacks, aka, against the man attacks, I.e calling someone stupid, pretty much means you've already lost the argument.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I never called you stupid, and there was never an argument to begin with. You're making a mountain here out of a mole hill.

You in my post was not referring to you specifcally as in James Goddard, it was in regards to "you all."

;)

I'm not sure why you're so uptight today, but you should really calm down a bit - it will make your life a lot easier. No one is attacking you, and I have no intentions of arguing over an iPad nor have I ever.

James Goddard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I never called you stupid, and there was never an argument to begin with. You're making a mountain here out of a mole hill.

You in my post was not referring to you specifcally as in James Goddard, it was in regards to "you all."

;)

I'm not sure why you're so uptight today, but you should really calm down a bit - it will make your life a lot easier. No one is attacking you, and I have no intentions of arguing over an iPad nor have I ever.

Lol, you win. You didn't move one thread "discussion" to another and you didn't counter my legit answer with an ad hom attack. Happy now or will you need the last word?

Jasonrabbit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Replacement

Hi
Just to clear this up I got my iPad replaced by apple store today.
I have had my iPad for about 4 weeks and have the wifi screen brightness fault, so on Saturday I took my imported jail broken iPad back to the apple store (after I restored it), I told them about the wifi fault the guy looked at my ipad hooked it up to his Mac did a hard restore checked to see if this had fix the wifi problem as it had not he ordered me a replacement iPad which I collected from store today

So to clear this up you can jail break and return to store no problems

wdpower

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I messed mine up bad yesterday. Had to wait till I got home to restore, once done no issues at all, ran like it did before JBing.

zman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's a scenario:

What if you have a JB'ed iPad and it suddenly dies....I mean totally dead so you can't even restore it. Won't Apple see that you voided the warranty making you SOL?

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it's completely dead how do you expect THEM to find out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts