What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbreaking ipad 2 IOS5 (hang on in there!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeytaylor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought my ipad 2 in june of this year, and straight away i was looking at ways to jail break it, but it came running 4.3.5 which i read was never going to have a JB out so i hung on in there and wait for IOS5 which i upgraded to only to find that indeed there isnt a jailbreak currently out for the ipad 2 but hopefully there will be one in the next coming months or weeks hopefully!

I googled jailbreak ipad 2 IOS5 and there is a website charging £12.99 to jailbreak ipad 2 IOS5, is this real because if so you would think other jailbreak teams would have cracked it as well?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I googled jailbreak ipad 2 IOS5 and there is a website charging £12.99 to jailbreak ipad 2 IOS5, is this real because if so you would think other jailbreak teams would have cracked it as well?

No. This is not real. You should NEVER pay for a JB. Please check in here ~ we have two experts that will post in our Hacking Section when there is a JB.

capted

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought ipad 2 in June also and fortunately it had 4.3.3 on it. I upgraded to 4.3.5 and finally found a way to go back to 4.3.3 when there was no jailbreak.
I upgraded to 5.0 because of all the Hype. I read that no one was interested in Jailbreaking 4.3.5 because they were all working on 5.0.
I expected a 5.0 jailbreak within a week but we have all been disappointed.
Hang in there as I am doing for a jailbreak for 5.0

The most valuable jailbreak for me was MYWI so that I could use my iphone to provide on the go internet to my ipad 2.
There's a lot of other neat stuff like iFile but you can live without it until 5.0 jailbreak is here.

THE WEB SITES CHARGING MONEY ARE A SCAM AND SO ARE THE ONES PROMISING JAILBREAK 5.0 FOR COMPLETING A SURVEY.

capted

AFAngryWarrior

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.verizonwireless.com
I dont know if Paid jailbreaks are scams... I paid $19 to a site for a lifetime subscription and they've always been up to date on the latest jailbreaks and are much easier to comprehend than the jailbreak posts here for non-technical people. Plus all the software needed is downloaded right from there "Things you'll need" section. Plus as a member you get to call their tech support line Mon-Fri if something happens and you dont know where to go instead of trying to explain it in a post and hoping someone responds without yelling at you for not searching or mocking you with links to other threads... Just my preference...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts