What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbreaked iPad doesn't reset & iTunes is stuck

Avantias

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I reseted my iPad, because it had to less memory left. So I reseted it and didn't know that you can't reset jailbreaked iPads, because the jailbreak changes the iPads reboot files or something. Well the point is It is stuck in reseting iPad screen now and I can't shutdown it or something, every time I restart it(like with Home Button+Power on/off button) it gets back to the reset iPad screen and gets stuck there.

Well, so I tried to reset it manually over iTunes on my Laptop, but I can't run iTunes correctly on there. Like everytime I connect my iPad to iTunes, iTunes gets stuck too. When I disconect the iPad from my Laptop, iTunes gets okay after some time again. Well, I've read the support post about this, like they said to go to the iTunes Settings & change some stuff there (like that iTunes shouldn't automaticlly check for iPad or something).. I tried to go to my iTunes Settings and everytime I click settings in iTunes it gets stuck and I have to shutdown iTunes from Task-Messenger or it won't turn off or open settings.

-> So I can't reset my iPad from iTunes, since I can't open my iTunes settings.

And yes I read the help post too, that says "Try updating your Windows to run iTunes again or check in Devices Messenger and deactive your iPad.." etc. and I did that all it still doesn't work. I even tried to run iTunes with an earlier version of windows packages like Windows Service pack 2 & 1, that didn't change anything.

About my iPad:

Running on jailbreaked ios 8.1.3

About my Laptop:

Windows 7

Got the newest version of iTunes

OP
A

Avantias

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried the tutorial in this thread? TUTORIAL - Failsafe method to restore the current version of IOS
This will end up having your iPad running iOS 9.2.1

I tried restoring my iPad in DFU mode, everything worked until it said "waiting for iPad", then it gave me the 4005 error, how do I fix it?
Stupid IOS is 2 GB and I don't have a WIFI atm so it rekts my mobile internet, i just spent 2 GB just to see "error 4005" e_e

and instead of downloading the IPSW file manually, i only connected my iPad in DFU mode to iTunes and tried restoring it, but that gave me error 4005. Did I get error 4005 because I didn't do one of the other steps? If so which one do I need to do?

OP
A

Avantias

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried restoring my iPad in DFU mode, everything worked until it said "waiting for iPad", then it gave me the 4005 error, how do I fix it?
Stupid IOS is 2 GB and I don't have a WIFI atm so it rekts my mobile internet, i just spent 2 GB just to see "error 4005" e_e

and instead of downloading the IPSW file manually, i only connected my iPad in DFU mode to iTunes and tried restoring it, but that gave me error 4005. Did I get error 4005 because I didn't do one of the other steps? If so which one do I need to do?

I think that 2 hours progress(before the "waiting for ipad" text comes) was the automatic download of the IPSW ios 9.1.2 file in iTunes?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OP
A

Avantias

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iTunes downloads the ipsw for your iPad, then it will start restoring. "Waiting for iPad" means that software has completed downloading, and iTunes is going to restore your device.

Error 4005 tells that your iPad is not connected to iTunes any more. Here's what you can do to fix this:
If you see error 9, 4005, 4013, or 4014 when you restore your iOS device - Apple Support

But my Windows Update doesn't finish searching for updates and is there any way to download the ipsw only once then restore it from my pc instead of having to download it over itunes everytime i try to restore it?

OP
A

Avantias

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tired all of those steps to fix the 4005 bug, nothing really helped, I still get the same error. The only thing that changed from yesterday to today is that I can use the Recovery Mode now(my iPad shows the connect to iTunes Picture) and don't need to use the DFU mode. But that doesn't really help me too, if I click Update iPad it goes to the same spot till "waiting for iPad" then says error 4005 and same happens with the recover button. Come on, someone help me please )=
Oh and my iTunes doesn't get instant stuck anymore, like when I connect my iPad it shows the restore iPad window instead of getting stuck. But I still can't use the Settings button in iTunes.

OP
A

Avantias

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you try a different cable and computer?

No where do you expect me to get a diffrent computer in just 1 day yo
Only got 1 Laptop & I also don't have a diffrent cable.

OP
A

Avantias

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You could use a friend's computer, or at work, if possible.

No I'm gonna try doing that shit ton of updates that windows update found and then I'll try restoring again.

OP
A

Avantias

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I managed to fix the 4005 error, by restarting my pc while my iPad was connected to it. That fixed the 4005 error. Then the next error I got is 4013. The solution for it would be opening the iPad, plug-ing out the cable that connects the motherboard (A8 chip etc) to the battery and then re-connecting it.

Those 6 steps apple keeps saying is a error fix solution in general, every error has its own certain way to fix itsself. Apple is a weird company&their iTunes is buggy af.

I'm going to open my iPad soon and do the steps up there & if that doesn't help I'll have to send my iPad to Apple support & pay a shit ton of money to make my iPad work again. fml

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
BTW, once you've opened up your iPad and attempted a repair, Apple will likely not service your iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts