What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbreak gone wrong? please help

ashish.vinayak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay so here's what happened. I bought an iPad 1 (iOS 4.3.3) i went on to jailbreak it. So it said i have to put it into dfu mode. I did that. Nothing happened. The screen turned blank. After that i got a bit worried so i unplugged my ipad in between installing limera1n . Now it wont turn on. what should i do? Please reply!!!

PS. im using redsnow, limera1n

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try seeing if a reboot will help. When you hold the sleep and home buttons, keep holding until the screen goes dark and then the Apple logo appears. The key here is: The slide to lock screen may or may not appear. Just keep holding until you see the Apple logo, then you can release the buttons. IOW, don't let go if you see the log off screen.

It may seem to take forever to see the logo or to see your homescreen reappear (or both). Just trust in the fact that both will happen...

If that works, and since you have iOS 4.3.3 installed - I'd recommend you go to JailbreakMe 3.0 (via Safari on your iPad) and do the very simple 2-button press process of jailbreaking.

Let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The screen is supposed to be blank in DFU mode. Don't worry, your iPad is fine. Just follow what Mickey said and you should be good to go.

Most reactions