What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I've found a new best note-taking app (and it's free!)

chowdown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've mucked around with Neu Notes for a while. It is an amazing app but doesn't import PDFs.

I've just discovered its sister, Neu Annotate.

It can not only cut, but COPY the stuff you write/draw! No other app that I've seen can do that.

I have hated all wrist protection systems that I've seen on the iPad (to the point where I've been using a bridge to rest my hand on when not in zoom mode). NOT ANY MORE. Neu Annotate has got the best wrist protection of all apps I've seen. Very intelligently designed and easy to use (for right-handers anyway).

Also, its VGA-out capabilities are also (sorry to repeat myself) the best I've seen.

Also has shapes, add jpgs, tags, stamps.

No audio recording. No type-written notes.

I highly recommend this app. It also happens to be free.

OP
C

chowdown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I should add that it also doesn't have an eraser (in general this is not too big a deal when you can cut stuff just by circling it) and it doesn't offer folders either.

The things this app are missing aren't too important to me.

Even though it's described as a PDF annotation app, I like to use it for note-taking by opening a blank PDF in it. It's easy to create a blank PDF in another note-taking app.

If all this sounds interesting, I recommend that you also check out Neu Notes.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have both of them, and like them. I had already bought Noterize for PDF annotation before I discovered neu Annotate. I use Noterize mostly, but would have been happy with neu Annotate, which also works as an iPhone app. (kind of hard to write that small, but still cool to have that capability).

Most reactions

Latest posts