What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes won't add PSDs

MikeV99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When I did an iTunes sync today it would not add any of my .psd files. It says they won't display correctly. However, I have a couple of .psd files in my Camera Roll and they display fine. This was after iTunes updated to 10.4. I could be wrong, but I do not remember having this issue before.

Is my memory cloudy or did something change?

Thanks

Mike

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
MikeV99 said:
When I did an iTunes sync today it would not add any of my .psd files. It says they won't display correctly. However, I have a couple of .psd files in my Camera Roll and they display fine. This was after iTunes updated to 10.4. I could be wrong, but I do not remember having this issue before.

Is my memory cloudy or did something change?

Thanks

Mike

I'm fairly sure the native photo app can't view psd's. You may have the resulting image saved in your photo folder on pc which then got synced up to ipad at some time.
Psd viewer from the app store can though and is free but can't modify the layers. Also sketchbook pro, I believe, can open/edit psd files. Which have to be placed in it's app sharing area in iTunes which is located at the bottom of the apps tab in iTunes when ipad is jacked into pc.

OP
M

MikeV99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a psd viewer. That is not the issue. The iPad 2 iPhoto has no problem viewing the same images if I put them in Camera Roll. iTunes refuses to load them. I read somewhere yesterday that that format is supported. I have had the images in my iTunes photo library for several months and have not seen that error message before. Happened after update to 10.4.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Which is strange, since 10.4 is on the computer, and iTunes does nothing but back up the camera roll. If there was problem it should only show up during the backup phase of the sync.

I hate to ask, but have you tried a reset?

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

I've also failed to see any indication of native support for .psd files on the iPad. I'm not saying you're wrong, but, I wonder if the method you used to get them on the camera roll may have converted them. If you mail one of these files (from the camera roll) to yourself do they arrive as .psd files?

When I get a little time later today I may play around a bit and see what I can get .psd files to do.

OP
M

MikeV99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The article I read was for the iPod not the iPad and it lists psd in Apple Support - my bad - apologies.

I do not use the Photo app on the iPad very much. It is pretty much useless for me. I do not use iTunes for photo transfer except for testing. I have had the same 12 images in my iTunes folder for a while now. I do not remember ever seeing that error message before. Maybe it has something to do with the first sync after an update?

The photo transfer & edit app I use has no problems with psd files, nor does PSD Viewer. If I open the iPad Photo app and view the images in the Camera Roll Album the psd images display without problems. ITunes does not sync my iPad Camera album so it never complains.

I find it strange I can transfer and view psd images in several apps (including the Photo app) but iTunes rejects them.

Thank you for the response.

Mike

Most reactions

Latest posts