What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes sucks > Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple always goes for "Simple" and "Just works".

Not everyone has access to such luxury features. I can't restore/upload my favorite apps on my iPad from my older iPad because I need iTunes 10.7

What makes this difficult for me is the fact that I don't have internet at my home and rely on AT&T data card.

So either suck up the apps download and do everything manually but not have photos/music. Or suck up data on the air card so update their stupid software. For such a quality company they sure do have some stupid setups....

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wakawaka said:
Apple always goes for "Simple" and "Just works".

Not everyone has access to such luxury features. I can't restore/upload my favorite apps on my iPad from my older iPad because I need iTunes 10.7

What makes this difficult for me is the fact that I don't have internet at my home and rely on AT&T data card.

So either suck up the apps download and do everything manually but not have photos/music. Or suck up data on the air card so update their stupid software. For such a quality company they sure do have some stupid setups....

Apple isn't responsible for your Internet problems.
Do you have any place with public wifi that you could use to update your iTunes to 10.7?

OP
W

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple isn't responsible for your Internet problems.
Do you have any place with public wifi that you could use to update your iTunes to 10.7?

No they are not responsible for my internet "problems". And FYI, I don't have internet "problems". Not everyone has cable internet, dsl or even dial up.
But if you want to defend the fact their products are too secure and it's my problem, then post away.

I find it hard to understand how my iPhone can function just fine but this mini needs the latest and greatest to function and do the same tasks as before. I'm not a smart guy, but I'm willing to bet that Apple is forcing an upgrade to their newest software with the mini because...well it's a new product and how much easier could it be than to force a software upgrade to use your new device.

I don't even want to get into how bad their iPhoto software is lol what a pain in the neck.. iTunes wants me to upload entire albums/folders vs selecting select photos, which makes it a pain.

I have wifi at work. So guess I'll just have to wait.

Last edited by a moderator:

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Though Apple does this with all their software, and has for over a decade, it can still be irritating at times.

Apple has never spent a great deal of time and energy supporting old releases. They add features to current software and build interactions between systems using these features.

It's simply standard practice or them. They move forward and really spend very little time in the past.

If you want something that will likely be backward compatible with everything the company ever makes, by the Surface tablet. It will probably still run DOS...

chadyp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No they are not responsible for my internet "problems". And FYI, I don't have internet "problems". Not everyone has cable internet, dsl or even dial up.
But if you want to defend the fact their products are too secure and it's my problem, then post away.

I find it hard to understand how my iPhone can function just fine but this mini needs the latest and greatest to function and do the same tasks as before. I'm not a smart guy, but I'm willing to bet that Apple is forcing an upgrade to their newest software with the mini because...well it's a new product and how much easier could it be than to force a software upgrade to use your new device.

I don't even want to get into how bad their iPhoto software is lol what a pain in the neck.. iTunes wants me to upload entire albums/folders vs selecting select photos, which makes it a pain.

I have wifi at work. So guess I'll just have to wait.

Your complaining about what exactly? You can;t get with the times and are unable to update itunes? who in this time can't update software? All software needs to be upgraded at some point and time get with the times. and if you don't like the software A)Don't use it and B) Don't buy apple products.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
C) don't use any software, as all of it needs to be updated
D) don't use the Internet as you can't get virus definition updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts