What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes question

Anfield800

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As I've mentioned before, I'm an Apple novice and I'm struggling to find my way around iTunes.

My ipad is due to arrive tomorrow and I don't want all my music to be sync'd to my ipad when I first connect it to my pc.

I've installed iTunes and all my music is there, loads of it, so my question is, will it all go to the ipad or is there a way I can stop this and select what I want to be sent.

I suspect the problem I'm having is due to me not actually having my ipad yet.

Any suggestions?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you open iTunes, hold down the Ctrl and press N. This will create a new Playlist and you can name it anything you want. Now you can "drag" whatever music you want over to this playlist (or you can right-click on the album and use the Add to Playlist option). Now when you actually hook up your iPad to your computer and select it on the left side of the screen, you will see a series of tabs across the top of the screen. Click on the one that says Music. Click on the Sync Music box then click on the circle that says Selected playlist, artists and genres and that will only put those songs in that playlist on your iPad.

Clear as much, eh?

OP
Anfield800

Anfield800

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just what I wanted. Thanks.

Standby for more stupid (newb) questions tomorrow!

OP
Anfield800

Anfield800

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry for the bounce, and this seems like a stupid question to ask, but how do I play an album? I can play the first track, or manually select all the tracks, is there no way of just playing an album without all the hassle?

Most reactions

Latest posts