What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Itunes problem

mandapandalove

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm Having trouble verifying my account. It tells me my security code is wrong. It's not I entered everything as it appears on my debit card. I tried choosing non payment in settings but there is no option like that for me. What's weird is I haven't had a issue like this before till two days ago when I changed my card. Because the card before I used for 3 years with no issues. Now I'm stuck and can't update nor purchase anything on itunes. And I spent hundreds of dollars already on this account. So I don't want to start a new and lose all my purchased items.
Anyone have/had this problem?
Its so fustrating!

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had this issue before. Make sure that your debit card can be run as a credit card also, you will need to check with your bank on that one. For me none of my debit/credit cards work so I have to use an actual credit card. P.S. the mods don't like if you bump a thread before 48 hours has passed.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try going to http://appleid.apple.com

There are various options there for managing your account. I just verified that I could get into my account before posting this, and everything appears to be working.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
An alternative to bumping a thread is to PM people who have answered similar questions in the past. I know it can be frustrating waiting for a reply and, to be honest, I'd missed this thread which is why I hadn't responded to it earlier. It's true that mods don't like to see threads bumped after 3 hours. Imagine the mess if everyone decided to bump their pet thread every couple of hours. The board would be unusable. That's why we have the 48 hour rule.

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you say changed cards do you mean banks or were you issued a new card from the same bank with new numbers?

While more common with new cards being issued from the same bank your problem is not uncommon.

It sounds like your new card has yet to be provisioned/activated by the issuing financial institution. Sometimes they come with a label on the back of the card that contains a phone number you must call to activate the card while some others activate it upon your first purchase with your new card.

Two days (I'm counting the weekend) is likely not enough lead time for the new card to have been propagated throughout all systems even if initial activation has been performed. I think a phone call to your financial institution will remedy your problem. Just ask them to authorize Apple to your account then try again.

Also many cards now have that additional security code on the back of the card. Did the Apple store request this security code during the registration process and did you provide it?

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
mandapandalove said:
I'm new to this thread. Sorry I bumped.

Hey it is cool first as an administrator I welcome you to our forums. Yes it can be confusing as you may not be aware of how forums like us function. The most important thing now is to assist you by resolving your issue. Then when all is sorted take a look at our rules then I am sure you will be a happy puppy..... Again welcome and enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts