What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Itunes Password

Lukey M Pukey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Like most people, I download most of my apps from my ipad. When I first got it, I when I downloaded an app, it required my password. Then, for the next month, I rarely had to type in my itunes password to download, now I have to every time. Can someone please help?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think you can shut it off and you probably don't want to. I know it is a huge PITA to type it in, but it is actually for your protection in case someone gets ahold of your iPad so that they don't download a couple hundred dollars worth of apps, movies and music.

Jake18oly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why not let you disable it for free apps? I can understand having to put in your password for paid apps but not free apps!

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sometimes apps change prices from paid to free and vice versa. So rather than deal with code in the App Store to figure "if app on sale, then...", it's easier to require a password all the time.

Jimboo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it asks for ur password wen ur not signed in anymore

theree is no way around it unless u stay on it forever

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
How often do you purchase apps that this is a problem.

all apps are purchased with an account no matter the price. You must log in to make purchases. Once logged in you will have about 5 minutes where it wont ask you for the password again

Most reactions

Latest posts