What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes opens on its own

sethm1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have an iPad 2 with new IOS 5 and the updated iTunes 10.5 running on a Win 7 Home Prem 64 bit.

This may be more for a iTunes forum, but the odd thing is, that iTunes is starting on its own and if I close it, it will open up again in 10 minutes (or so). Further, on the left side it shows that the iPad2 is connected - but its not!.

Any suggestions?
Should I re-install / repair iTunes?

Thx

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a thought, are you backing up to iCloud or wirelessly to iTunes.....if wirelessly to iTunes then it is indeed connected.

OP
S

sethm1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ooh, good question.
iTunes is set to back up to the PC.
But the iPad itself MAY be configured to Wi-Fi sync - I just do not see that setting in the iPad.

On iCloud - when in iTunes I check back up to the iCloud, I get a error saying my iPad is not configure.
When I go to the iPad and tap on iCloud (in Settings) It seems to be configured - but I get a Verification Failure msg.
I am guessing its because I have not yet installed the utility on my Win 7 PC.

Is there also a web site to go to configure iCloud?

Most reactions

Latest posts