What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

itunes not syncing all books

rpender

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it seem since i have updated to ios 6 my books that I have transferred with calibre is no longer syncing. I have uninstalled itunes and reinstalled reset my ipad2 twice and restored. I have itunes set to sync all books it says that i have 1424 books, but the only books that are syncing are the books that I restore from my purchases. I have tried checking only selected books and the same thing. I capacity bar will keep say that it is using xyz space after choosing either option but will drop back down after sync. Have no idea of how to fix this problem.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It might be a bad book/file.

With that many books it's going to be hard to track down.

If you've got those books stored somewhere else (other than iTunes) try deleting them from iTunes, then syncing again. Add them back a few at a time and sync until the error starts reappearing. Then play half steps until you locate the trouble maker.

Or watch the actual files being synced carefully, and see if you can spot which one the process stops on. The files are shown as they sync in the status window at the top of iTunes.

Good luck.

OP
R

rpender

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I have done that. deleted the itunes directory and let itunes recreate, still not syncing .

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
To be clear, you are trying to sync books from iTunes on the computer to the iPad?

If so, I have no ideas beyond what you've already tried. Sorry.

If the other way around, adding books to iBooks on the iPad and syncing back to the computer has never worked. At least I've never had it work; which is why I always add my non-iBooks to iTunes first.

Most reactions