What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes Movies

JSTNEMT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all, new to this so bear with me. Have 2 iPads (one for me and one for wife). Had them for motnhs and LOVE them. We have one computer we sync them 2 with differnet logins (PC). We also have 2 separate iTunes accounts. I purchase many movies on my account and would like to share them with her. Is this possible? We have vary different tastes in music, photos contacts and apps but very similar taste in movies. Please tell me if anyone knows how I can share these movies between both iPads, while logining in on different logins on the computer and then on different logins on iTunes. Worse case senario I have to kjeep burning movies with software I bought online but I prefer the way iTunes supplies all the fine details of each movie. Thanks Bill

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You must be on the same account to share movies, apps, and music. With one account you both can still have different things on each iPad. But, first, Go into iTunes and click the CTLR+, keys. (That's the Control key and the Comma key together) Select the DEVICES tab and check the box before "Prevent iPod, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically." Also, on the APPS tab for your iPhone make sure the box before "Automatically sync new apps." is not checked unless you both want to have all the same apps on your iPhones. Under the MUSIC tab check box before "Sync Music", and then check the box before "Selected playlists, artists, albums, and genres.". Then check the Artist or songs you want to put on your iPhone. That way each of you can have the music you each like on your iPhones. This also applies to movies, but I have read that Apple has stopped allowing at least some movies from being shared. Greedy movie folks, you know, gouge everybody and as many times as you can for the same thing.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts